Life is no brief candle. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got a hold of for a moment, And make it burn as brightly as possible.
-George Bernard Shaw
RSS

Friday, November 26, 2010

20 weeks of 9 to 6

I have long wanted to post bout this topic and now I have the time to. :)

This 20 weeks, I went through my once in a lifetime experience working as an intern! Nevertheless to say, it is my first time working since back then, I don't have the opportunity to work, even as a promoter/waitress. There's a lot ups and downs, likes and dislikes, ... I still have crystal clear memories of days I'm working.

I remember first day reaching as early as 7-ish while working hour only starts at 9am. Waiting in the reception, seeing people walking in and greeting each other. Majority dressed up very casual but some elegant ladies dressed up smartly, with their few inches tall heels and branded handbag, make me "wow! I wanna be like them someday. ;p" Soon after, me and my friends were brought floor-to-floor to be introduced to everyone working in the company. When I started to work, I felt like having too much information to squeeze to my head. All these information are important for my following working days.


...*...*...


Due to very scheduled routine, I always looked forward to something so that time can pass faster. Everyday, I'll look forward for :
  1. Daily Scrum (quick meet-up with all team members and report what we did yesterday and what we will be doing today).
  2. Then, Lunch Time! (Lunch with colleagues has always been fun! We had our "Lunch Manager" where she will usually be the one moving our ass, "Lunch! Lunch! Let's go for Lunch!". Along our way to the lunch destination, we had 2 pit stops- 1st pit stop, we will decide where to eat. 2nd pit stop, we will decide who to drive today.- funny adults ;p )
  3. 6pm! (Here, I'll start bugging my friends, "Jom Balik!")
Also, on Monday, I'll look forward to Wednesday, on Wednesday, I'll look forward to Friday! then, it is WEEKENDSSSS! :D I found a strip of comic that explains all.

Source: The Star News Paper on October 01, 2010


...*...*...


Before I realized, 20weeks had past. 9-6 which I hate had ended. The day has come and I was happy! I was on cloud nine at first but when I start typing goodbye email to my colleagues to bid farewell, I felt heavy-hearted and sad to leave. sighhh!

Here are some of the bits & pieces of 20weeks pictures:

My toys in office! :D

Food!- We have a lot chocolates and nuts!

Soft toys for decoration and entertainment

My cup of green tea everyday almost everyday

Mobile Team

Team Building @ ATV Adventure Park


I've really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere in the company and the wonderful people I've worked/met alongside. I am grateful for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity fulfilled and the valuable experience to add to my resume. I'll dearly miss the fun time we had.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I'm glad you had a great time babe ! See, it's over jor ! And you survived ! Hopefully, now more mature jor ha? xD

hUiqIaN said...

Yes dear! I've survived! Mature? ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... But I still like bullying you. ;p

Liz said...

Yo. Still like bullying means that you HAVE NOT matured. Hmph. >.<

Post a Comment